Yesterday, I wanna try to set up mercury mail (out of the box XAMPP).
I’m looking at how to use simple mail server on our localhost. So here are the steps I took:
- I turn on the Mercury on XAMPP Control Panel. Make sure that Mercury is running.
- Click on “Admin” button to display the configuration window of Mercury Server.
- If you want to set the other domain on your mail address, you can set up by access Configuration > “Mercury Core Module”. Go to “Local domains” tab, and then add the the other domain, for example localhost.com
- Restart the Mercury again from XAMPP control panel .
- Don’t forget to add the domain list on our localhost by editing C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts.
- The others mail server application like ArgoSoft Mail, hMailServer, etc.
- We can use the email client application to ease mail management.
Maybe is useful, thanks.